Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Charleston Weekend get-a-way

Watching the mile marker signs drop at a rate that isn't preferred as we drive closer and closer back to milledgeville, Ga is when I wish the road home was longer. Knowing that in 17 miles, I will be dropped off as my weekend get-a-way comes to a close, my boyfriend will head back out of town for work for the week, and having to work on an economics homework assignment is clearly not the best feeling in the world to come home to.

BUT. pushing those things aside, ya know what IS the best feeling in the world to come home to?!? Being able to sit in silence for awhile thinking back on a truly memorable, fun, short-lived (sadly) weekend in Charleston, South Carolina (moving up to one of my new top 5 favorite cities) with some fantastic people.

James and I went to visit his sister Lindsay, and her fiance Ben. Let me tell you, they are some COOL people. When we arrived, they were still working, so James and I ended up cruising down King Street and spent the evening spontaneously doing things like...

walking miles down old historic neighborhoods

James might have rang this doorbell but thankfully, no one answered.

james smelling the flowers. this is a favorite of mine because it is completely candid.
horse drawn carriage tours. SO awesome.
After we left King Street we went back to the house and watched "Into the Wild". If you haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend it. It was fantastic, and I still can't get over this true story. 


Saturday was packed filled with fun, including both a zoo trip & an engagement party all in the same day! I wish I had taken pictures from the zoo, but sadly I was way too wrapped up in it. I will say, being able to celebrate Lindsay & Ben's engagement was SO great! It was such an exciting thing to celebrate and I am so happy for the two of them!


I have a new friend!!!!!
haha so funny
Ben proposed on April fools day, so the party had a 'joke'' theme......ahaha

I loved my weekend; I loved the people, and I loved Charleston.

No comments:

Post a Comment