Sunday, June 30, 2013

My Second Home

Tomorrow, James and I are road tripping to the place my heart loves the most, Hilton Head, South Carolina. My second home. Although, I have many "homes," this island, holds a place in my heart that no matter how hard other cities and towns try to squeeze in, there will always be a space for Hilton
Head.


I grew up going to Hilton Head every year for the week of July 4th, and the memories are ones that I will cherish for a lifetime. We have missed going the past couple of years due to things like being on summer staff in Colorado, or just deciding to change up vacations, but this year we are back in action and I couldn't be more thrilled! Although, when we go, we tend to eat at the same restaurants, visit the same shops, and stay at the same places, (almost as if it's ritual), the redundancy is left behind when we arrive. I could visit the same Harbor town, with the same red and white lighthouse every year because of all of the many flavors of emotions I feel.
 I am overflowing with excitement on top of everything because this year I have the pleasure of bringing James!! Yay! (might I add, I have never taken any other person on this vaca.) I can't wait to share all about this week and all the new memories we made!!

Whether it's a cookout, a lake trip, a beach trip, or any other festivities you and your friends might be having, I hope everyone is safe and enjoys this fun filled week. Happy 4th of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment