Friday, June 7, 2013

Cold Tangerines

I haven't been on this baby in quite awhile. Looking back through old posts from this time last year, my summer has quite a different feel than last. Last summer was filled with taking my first trip to Charleston, taking YoungLife friends to Windy Gap, being out in Colorado for a month while I was on summer staff at Crooked Creek Ranch, and everything in between. This summer I have a lot more down time, and a lot more me time.

I am currently curled up in my apartment, in Milledgeville, watching the rain pour like I've never seen, whilst watching E news and a mug filled with coffee ice cream. Many would read and think, wow that sounds peaceful and cozy. Well......it is. And I am SO thankful for this moment right now. This summer hasn't been one that I thought it would look like, but after reading, "Cold Tangerines," by Shauna Niequist, I have tried to discover the little celebrations in my day to day even if it is that E news is on and I'm obsessed with Guiliana Rancic and I want to cut my hair again because of her even though I would never forgive myself if I actually went through with it. Mrs. Niequist has taught me that celebrations don't just have to be when we celebrate birthdays, holidays, and the end of school (even though those are WONDERFUL to celebrate!). Celebrations can be about having a cold tangerine, and that is what I am discovering. Within the past month, these are some celebrations worth sharing.

I spent the month of May with my very best friend and we love to celebrate with chikfila ice cream
Dinner with friends before many move away
Spent a lovely night at the Marietta square when some of my friends and I sat down next to THIS.
When Derek and Kari Beth became Mr. and Mrs. Chitwood!!
seeing old but beautiful friends
Road tripped from the wedding all the way to Nolensville, Tennessee, (my new favorite town), to surprise James' family!! I also got to finally meet Abiella, one of THE greatest bundles of joy to celebrate!!
Arrington Vineyards with the Mcconnells, wine never tasted so good.
my handsome boyfriend is always worth celebrating

What are some of the little things you've found in your every day life worth celebrating?

2 comments:

  1. Great post Mer! Your writing keeps getting better all the time! Here's a few of mine:

    • Driving through the rolling hills of Georgia after two years in the flatness of Texas.

    • King of Pops popsicles (Chocolate Sea Salt... Yea c'mon!)

    • Catching up with old friends I've hardly seen the last two years.

    • Eating at Vincent's on Barrett

    • Reading because I CHOOSE to.

    • Not reading because I choose NOT to.

    • Running into former students in the middle of Target.

    • GEORGIA sweet tea.

    • The Atlanta skyline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it!! Thanks Rob!!! Also thanks for being one of the 4 people that read my blog haha

      Delete