Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Color, Cut, or Trim?

I'm on a hair kick. For some reason, recently, there have been several hair conversations between me and my girlfriends.  I'm talkin' SERIOUS hair conversations. Yes, there IS such a thing as a serious hair conversation.  Well it's serious in my mind...only because once one thing is brought up, I tend to wonder off..and when I say wonder off, I mean my mind just gets so excited about all the opportunities you can do with hair that I tend to lose focus on the conversation. whoops.


I've always been infatuated with hair.  I'm not sure if it was because I had untamable hair when I was a child, and I've always wanted to be able to tame it or what, but regardless I love it. From the ages of about 3-13 I had no idea what to do with my lion's mane. I'm not quite sure my parents knew either.  One thing that I learned from old pictures is NOT to brush curly hair...it is...um...interesting if you do. I did some crazy things with my hair that I'm not sure why my mom let me out of the house. I wish she had documented each hairstyle though, because that would have been epic. Actually, I did some crazy things with my outfits as well because my mom was a cool mom and aloud me to be creative from a very early age..Here's a vision..


My hairstyles consisted of: hair-o-gami (and one day at school it got all tangled in my hair and my teacher spent a good 30 minutes trying to get it out), butterfly clips, tiny braids (that I thought made me look like I just got back from an exotic beach), and countless other numbers I did to my hair. There was also an endless supply of options I could do because...well I forgot to mention, but my first real haircut wasn't till 5th grade...so I had a lot to work with.  It wasn't to the floor. gross. I know that's what you were thinking.


Now that I'm older and much more wise with how I treat my hair, I've come to the point where people actually let me do THEIR hair! crazy huh?! I think it is, but I enjoy it so much. I've spent countless of hours on the computer just googling hair. Maybe I shouldn't admit that, but it's fun!!! Seriously. There so many different cuts, styles, colors, and shapes someone can do with hair. One of my roommates and super close friend of mine has gotten braids before and it was AWESOME. here's a pic so you can bask in her coolness with me.


I will, at some point in my life do hair for a living, and it will be a dream come true.  I can't wait for it. But for now, I will just be happy my hair isn't untamable anymore...well for most days.

Happy Tuesday!!!
Meredith